September 12, 2011

ALL HAIL THE MUSHROOM KING


Sometimes shots just happen. Poof. Like magic. And so it was with the Mushroom King.

It was that time of day, actually later in the day, when I decided to take the long route to the mailbox, and strolling down the driveway, there it was, this little land of the Mushroom King.

Typically, I don't pay much attention to mushrooms unless they're an addition to my salad or topping my steak, but the color, or maybe it was the way the light hit them, I found this tiny little mushroom village nestled beneath the leaves of a bush.


The swoop of the mushroom in the back lot of the Mushroom King village first caught my attention, then seeing it through the viewfinder, it felt like a little magic kingdom among the mulch.

And I snapped and I snapped and I snapped the shutter button, all the while waiting for the King's guards to come out and demand that I cease intrusion upon their kingdom lest I'm ready for battle.


Just goes to show a photo can be found anywhere. Sometimes you don't even have to look. A simple stroll down the drive led me to grab the camera and wander the land of the Mushroom King - a quaint magical adventure to bring my day to a close.
  
Never hesitate to take the picture. Never say I'll do it tomorrow. By then, it could be gone.

And you could miss the memories of the magical land of your own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment