September 26, 2011

VIA COLORI

Via Colori - the downtown street festival where the artist's canvas is the street. The artwork was beautiful, beyond beautiful and I wish I had been about 3' taller to get more straight on shots. I've posted an album of the street art on facebook, but I've saved my favorites for the blog. Enjoy the great work. Enjoy the color. Enjoy the talent.

I love this piece; it has a such a dark undertone.
I spoke briefly with Jams and she told me that
a lot of people think her work is dark,
but she doesn't.
This is such a stunning creation
of subject and color.

Artist - Unknown
I didn't always get the name of the artist. May in the corner.
Anyway, this piece really caught my attention.
The color and nostalgia are a perfect combination.

Artist - Unknown
Okay, this one was the colors. It was brilliant and mysterious.
You can see the entire piece here.

Artist Ellen Killough
Ellen's piece has such an old world feel.
Because I'm not an illustrator, painter or sketcher,
I don't know if this comes from the pastel textures or the street textures.
Maybe a little of both. You can view a larger version of Ellen's work here.

All I can say is WOW!
I roamed the street art for almost two hours and I always found myself
drawn back to this piece. It is absolutely stunning.
Click here for a completed version of this art.

Artist - Unknown
I was back in California when I looked at this piece,
but learned from the artist that this particular location was from Italy.
Ah yes, one of the places I want to shoot.

Artist - Unknown
What struck me about this piece was first, the smile,
but more than anything the way the artist worked around
the cracks in the street.
Reminds me of an old photo in a new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment