November 14, 2011

...AND SPEAKING OF LANDSCAPES


Aloha. I found my Hawaii disk. I love my Hawaii disk. It disappears, then reappears when I least expect it. The photos are not on the computer, but on this precious little disk. The photos were created long before I had any inclinations of becoming a photographer. They were shot with a simple point and shoot. An old point and shoot, not one of these super megapixel point and shoots you can buy these days.

But I reviewed the disk again because I love the landscape of Hawaii. Or I should say the seascape of Hawaii. The photos were shot in 2004 on the island of Oahu. The reason I’m bringing them out is because I stated in my previous post that I don’t have the photographic talent to shoot landscapes (or something of that sort). When the Hawaii disk does show up, I realize I underestimate my own talents. And this before I took the whole photographic thing seriously.

Now to be fair, I did do a little touch up on these photos, added some contrast, pulled the color for a sharper image. But the skies and the sea are real. That’s why I love Hawaii. The skies and the sea are absolutely beautiful.







So maybe I do landscapes (or seascapes or cityscapes or riverscapes). To me a landscape is rolling hills, but I do know there's more to it than that. Rolling hills bore me. But the sea and the city and the river, just my style. And black and white (yeah, that's a style thing too).





Aloha!


No comments:

Post a Comment