August 8, 2011

STEALING MOTHER NATURE

Was out in the big wide world the other day just looking to shoot. At 20% art and 80% business, well...let's just say I don't get out as often as I used to.

Shooting is a spiritual thing for me. Probably because I spend a good deal of it in nature. You could easily say it's my meditation. So I look for places that aren't often touched by humans, and if they are, these places are treated with respect to the land and the many bits and pieces that inhabit that land.

I honestly believe Mother Nature is one of the greatest artists of all times. Otherwise, why would we simple human artists continue to copy her work and show it off as our own. Oh sure, we make our own renditions of the art using Mother Nature's art as our subject, but the true creation is already there.

And with that, I share with you the art of Mother Nature.

Wood Work #1 - Abstract

Bouquet - Still Life

Red Eye - Color

Weeds - Found Art

Wetlands - Lines and Patterns

Wood Work #2 - Abstract

Wood Work #3 - Abstract

Wood Work #4 - Texture

These photos were taken at Land's End Wildlife Management Area in King George, VA and at the Canal Walk in Fredericksburg, VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment