March 27, 2011

UNTITLED 1

Seriously? I honestly don't know what to call this. The photography? Piece of cake. Titling? Well, sometimes it just boggles my mind.

But the trip, the trip to get this photo was unbelievable. It started on the Canal Walk in Richmond, VA, by Tredegar Iron Works (now the Civil War Museum) and ended on Belle Isle.

Tredegar Iron Works has all this beautiful, black, industrial ironwork that makes for wonderful shots. I've been working with black and white lately and there's nothing like industry to make a great black an white. I only touched the surface.

Belle Isle was once a prison for Union Soldiers (a pretty nasty prison from the historic markers around the place) and served many other functions before it became a city park. It's a great point of exploration. I only walked a small part of the island and will definitely return.

The whole place is surround by the James River which in and of itself is a beautiful body of water. Over the next few weeks, I'll share some of what I found.



No comments:

Post a Comment