March 19, 2011

NAMASTE

I recently spent some time at Studio D Yoga in Richmond, VA working with owner Debbie Segebart to create a business portrait for her marketing campaign. From start to finish, it was a calming experience.

Walking into Studio D Yoga, the moment I crossed over the threshold, a peace settled within. Debbie's studio is filled with warming colors and exotic scents (peppermint that day - I learned it has a calming affect) that relieve any trace of anxiety or frustration clinging from the negative remnants of the outside world. I knew immediately the image I wanted to capture.

Debbie has a beautiful, sly grin, which maybe comes from knowing the world of inner peace, and this was the look we needed. From a marketing angle, Debbie's business portrait needed to relay confidence and calm with a bit of fun tied in. We accomplished this with a variety of angles.




Okay, admittedly, the mug shot style shot was for an ID badge (Debbie provides yoga therapy for Tucker Psychiatric Clinic), but I really liked the look of this image.

Thanks to Debbie of Studio D Yoga for the peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment